Friday, December 13, 2013

Craft Show Spectacular ~ Lantermans Mill

Another Year brought a wonderful craft show that is a holiday tradition located in  beautiful Mill creek Park! (Mill Creek Park is a metropolitan park located in Youngstown, Ohio. It is the second largest metropolitan park in the United States after Fairmount Park in Philadelphia, and the 142nd largest park located within the limits of a U.S. city. Wikipedia)

Olde Fashioned Christmas at the Lanterman's Mill held on the weekend after Thanksgiving. Sadly I missed it this year but would love to share with you my experience when I went before. Mill Creek Park is a wonderful park to visit! In the summer you can go to the gardens or the lily pond there's sled riding and iceskating in the winter paddle boating in the summer. I have always enjoyed the long walk you go through before you get to the Mill.


Lanterman's Mill


Lanterman's Mill was built in 1845-46 by German Lanterman and Samuel Kimberly. Restored in 1982-85 through a gift from the Ward and Florence Beecher Foundations, this community treasure represents one of the many pioneer industries developed along Mill Creek and operates today as it did in the 1800s, grinding corn, wheat, and buckwheat.

The nearby East Gorge Walk and West Gorge Trail offer a peek into the area's geologic history. Listed in the Mid-America Walking Atlas, the award-winning Gorge Trail is a two-mile loop along Mill Creek that consists of a boardwalk bordered on one side by the stream and on the other side by a massive wall of sandstone. wikipedia






It was a nice long walk to get to the Lantermans Mill that day, Before you get to the Mill you get to walk through a covered bridge, As we approached  the mill  there was a blacksmith showing how to forge metal, And a man that was roasting chestnuts that people can try, It was my first time eating on and it was yummy I used it for a bit to warm up my hands but soon I couldnt resist the nutty warm aroma!

There was a giving tree that people donated new hats and mittens.
There were some craft vendors inside sorry was hoping to get pictures this year of the craft vendors maybe next year!!

The building inside and outside was amazing as we walked through out the building seeing all the old fashioned mill equipment that was used back when, I have more of the inside of the building I will share with you in the future!

And as you can see Mr. and Mrs. Santa Claus was there to greet all the children that came to the Mill.

My Dear Friend sent me some of this years pictures Thank-you Annette for the beautiful pictures to share with all our readers!






I hope that you enjoyed another adventure with me and hope you stop back again!! I never know which path I may take to bring you craft shows or inspirations!

See our Craft Show Spectacular Mini Series Here:




PRESENTED TO YOU BY OUR LEADER: 

Tip toe thru my garden you will be delighted on the sights of the beautiful sugar creations that will be popping up in the garden, from beautiful flowers to whimsical keepsakes! These creations are handmade,and used on your special cakes and other baked goodies!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment