Wednesday, December 11, 2013

25 Days Of Christmas Celebration # 16 - Shop Feature With Lolita of LS Feltings


Today's Featured Shop for our 25 Days Of Christmas event is ............ Lolita, the wonderful crafter behind LS Feltings !!! She is going to reveal the secrets behind her lovely shop, beautiful creations and her sources of inspiration.



"I am inspired by nature - flowers, colors of sky, falling leaves...
Lolita is originally a felt crafter and you’ll find many gorgeous felted flower brooches, bracelets and necklaces, but soon enough she added lovely linen scarves to her items list.

Continue reading and find out more directly from the crafter herself!

1. Please share a little something about yourself!

I live in Lithuania, a small country in Eastern Europe. I have done different things in my life, until I realized, what I really wanted to do. I was a seamstress, German language teacher, administrative assistant. Currently I am a mom of two little girls and a felt maker and this is what I want to be.

2. Tell us about your shop –what made you open your shop and when did it happen? Also, what items do you sell?

I opened my little Etsy shop about a year ago. Some of my friends have Etsy shops, so I also decided to try. I started with hand felted flower brooches, belts, necklaces, bracelets. This summer I also listed some linen scarves, because felted items are seasonal products. This worked and I plan to have more scarves in stock.

3. What’s the story behind your creations? What got you to create the items you’re making?

I love experimenting with wool, various fibers and fabrics. I like wool softness, tenderness, ability to obtain various forms and unique surfaces. Mostly I am inspired by nature - flowers, colors of sky, falling leaves...

4. Please pick one of your items that you feel is most representative for your shop and tell us what makes it the most special?
"...my grandmother's flower garden full of blooming peonies."

It is really hard to do this. I love all items I make. Maybe it could be white and pink Peony brooch. It is simple, but at the same time elegant and gorgeous. And I adore peonies. This comes from my childhood. When I close my eyes I can still see my grandmother's flower garden full of blooming peonies.

5. Please share a little wisdom on time management! How do you organize your time? How does a typical day selling on Etsy look like – time spent on orders, on teams, promoting on social media etc?

I didn‘t spend a lot of time on Etsy until this September. I had my full day job and did almost nothing with my shop. I was just listing my works, favoring beautiful items and shops, following people. But doing just this you can‘t expect big sales. I realized - if I want to work for myself, to make my little shop to my full day job I must do much more.

6. Speaking of Etsy teams, what do you look for in them? What makes you choose a particular one?

In Etsy teams I look for help in promoting my shop. Before joining a couple of teams I did a little market research. I checked what teams are some successful sellers in and joined these teams. Of course I understand that success depends only on me. It‘s not enough only to join a team, I have to be an active member if I want to earn some benefit.

7. What’s the best advice you received when you first began selling? Also, what advice would you give to new sellers –whether it’s about promoting items, shipping, photography, communicating with clients or whatever else you feel that new sellers should be aware of?

When I just opened my shop I got a message from one Etsy seller with advice to improve my photos. And I am thankful to her for that. I knew my photos were bad, but her message was for me as a good kick, that made me start improving. I am still not satisfied with my photos but I’m constantly trying to make them better.

8. What are your goals regarding your shop for the near future?
Triple my sales comparing with last year.



"My advice to new sellers would be – read all you can find about selling on Etsy. 
Read Etsy Seller Handbook, in forums, on blogs, figure out what exactly you want from your Etsy shop and do your best to achieve these goals."

The SPS Team would love to thank Lolita not only for taking the time to share her secrets and advice with us, but also for being a part of our Team! We'll keep our fingers crossed and hope she'll achieve her goal!

Visit Lolita's shop for more beautiful creations :

 http://www.etsy.com/shop/lsfeltings




PRESENTED TO YOU BY OUR LEADER: 

I'm Andreea and along with my husband we create "paper miracles". We make cardstock boxes of various shapes and sizes, but also other paper goodies such as die cuts, envelopes, table numbers, gift tags, coasters and more! We truly hope that you will enjoy them just as much as we enjoy making them!

  


No comments:

Post a Comment