Sunday, December 1, 2013

25 Days Of Christmas Celebration # 6 - Shop Feature With Natalie Of HanjiNaty

Season's Greetings! 

For the 6th Day of our 25 Days Of Christmas Celebration Event, we're going to meet 
Natalie of HanjiNaty :-) We all know Natalie as the author of our intriguing mini-series "The Art Of Hanji".

Natalie is also one of our lovely leaders and is our super enthusiastic Co-Captain!!! Woohoo :-)


https://www.etsy.com/shop/hanjinaty





I decided to sell on Etsy because I wanted more people to know about Hanji! I have a true love for this material, and I feel that there aren't enough people out there who know about my beloved Korean paper!

I also see the opening and building of my Etsy shop as the first step towards entrepreneurship! I have always dreamed of becoming an entrepreneur, and I feel that Etsy is a great place to start.


What inspires you for your designs?

The Hanji paper itself is a great inspiration for me: its color, texture and thickness will determine what I'll make with it. I basically let the paper talk to me, and it always seems to know where to take me!

When time comes to choose what to make next, I always return to traditional Korean designs. I like flipping through my pattern books, or search the Web for old-fashioned Asian patterns and drawings. 

I am also fond of Chinese characters!

When I have a chance to visit Buddhist temples here in Korea I also get very inspired by the painting details on the roof, the lotus lamps and lanterns and the carved details on doors and windows.



What is your personal favorite item from your shop?


I love this red plum blossom tissue box. I love the striking color and the details of the floral designs. I can imagine how great the red color would pop on a white ceramic bathroom counter!


Where is your favorite place to craft?

One of my guilty pleasures is to install a large fold-up table in the middle of my living room! I enjoy the light, the space.... I know it isn't necessarily the most convenient thing (especially when paper scraps go flying everywhere!) but I truly enjoy having plenty of room to create... and making a mess, of course!



What are the top 3 tips you would like to share with new sellers?

I still consider myself a "new" seller, in the sense that my shop has been opened for less than a year, and I am still learning so much everyday about how to run it! Despite that, I would still give those three tips to Etsy new comers :

1) Join Teams -- Do not stay all alone with your items, you might get discouraged! Joining teams is definitely a great way to create connections, do some promotion and learn, learn, learn!

2) Embrace Technology -- It's actually a tip I keep giving... to myself! There are so many great tools on the Web to promote your shop, make fulfilling connections and get your name and items out there! Don't be scared to use them.

3) Tell Your Story -- I realize more and more that what makes Etsy so special is the stories behind each shop and each item. Share your stories, it will make your items even more meaningful and unique.





Natalie, Thank you so much for the Amazing team spirit and positive energy you bring to our Leadership Team that keeps us all going! :-)

Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and joyful holiday season.

Spread Some SPST Love And Visit Natalie's Etsy Shop Today :


Natalie's Latest Creations :

    



PRESENTED TO YOU BY OUR TEAM CAPTAIN: 

Unique Christmas Gifts for the home or office. A Gift Of Nature features adorable miniature landscapes and aquascapes. Our love of nature brings about our vision for these mini Winter Terrariums. Beautiful as Christmas Ornaments, these Terrarium Kits are perfect for holiday gifting. Experience the beauty of nature at your fingertips!


  

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work Natalie. I'm still trying to figure out what Hanji paper is. :<)

    ReplyDelete