Thursday, December 19, 2013

25 Days Of Christmas Celebration # 24B - Shop Feature With Tara Of Beechtree

Felix Dies Nativitatis! 


For our special dual feature of our 25 Days Of Christmas Celebration, this afternoon we have our lovely leader Tara of Beechtree :-)  Tara has extensive experience with craft shows and will be sharing some valuable tips with us. So be on the lookout for her new mini-series in the near future to give you an edge on Craft Shows! :-)




Hello Readers!

I am happy to introduce myself to you! Beechtree is my artisan jewelry shop. I absolutely love owning this shop and it never feels like work! Here are a few questions and answers for you to help you know me better!
 
I am married to my husband of 33 years and we have two grown children and one grandson with another coming in February. We live in Kalamazoo, MI with our two big dogs. 

I recently retired from my full time job as a Speech Pathologist for 32 years. I love to travel, take photos, read murder mystery novels and craft! My ideal day is spent on Lake Michigan on a beautiful summer day looking for Petoskey stones!

My husband and I love to build our houses. We are currently getting ready to build the third and hopefully final one for our retirement. The first house we built had a beautiful, big Beech tree right next to the house. 

It was so close that we worried a lot about whether it would survive the construction. It did and gave us shade for many years and we enjoyed the beauty of it everyday. So I named my shop for that tree because it was special and lovely to me.

It took me a while to get my shop started and then one day about a year and half ago, I said, let's just do it! I have been doing arts and crafts shows for about 8 years and really enjoyed them; however, there are not many shows here in Michigan in the winter so I wanted to try Etsy. 

I have so many thousands of beads and stones in my studio, I have to keep making and selling or the basement might cave in! (Ha, Ha!) I have collected stones and beads from my travels around the United States in my little RV.

In my Etsy shop, Beechtree, I sell jewelry created with fossils and stones and I love Czech glass beads as well. I get very excited when I collect new items for jewelry making on my travels and I just sit with my items and they tell me how they want to go together. I know that sounds mystical or silly but I don't know how else to describe it.

What is your personal favorite item from your shop? 

I have to say that it is probably the last item I just created! Most all of  my pieces are one of a kind and so I get so excited for each one that I make. Then it is off to the next inspiration!




 Thank you for letting me share a little about myself and my shop. I love the community spirit on Etsy and seem to have found a home here with the fantastic SPSteam!

Tara from Beechtree












Tara, we love having you in our Leadership Team and thank you so much for joining us this holiday season for the 25 Days Of Christmas. We can't wait for you to share with us those wonderful tips for a successful craft show :-)

Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and happy holiday season.

Spread Some SPST Love And Visit Tara's Etsy Shop Today :



PRESENTED TO YOU BY OUR TEAM CAPTAIN: 

Simple ideas to accent your home or brighten up your office. A Gift Of Nature features adorable miniature landscapes and aquascapes. Our love of nature brings about our vision for these mini terrariums. Easy and fun to assemble DIY Terrarium Kits perfect for holiday gifting. Experience the beauty of nature at your fingertips!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment