Sunday, July 7, 2019

 Dear Readers,

Our Captain Natalie resigned from her position. She is an amazing woman and teacher with a very special hobby. She makes beautiful and useful things from hanji paper. Natalie, thanks for help us with your ideas and work!!! Her little shop is still open on Etsy.

A big Hurray to our new Captain, Amy. I asked some question from her:




What we should know about you?

I’m naturally shy and have a laid back personality. I’m also a very dedicated and hard worker. I don’t give up on things easily. I like to keep trying until I’ve reached my goal. I also like to have fun, and have been known to pull a few pranks on family members.

I’m honored to take over the Captain roll on the SPS Team. I know there’s lots of hard work ahead. I'm looking forward to growing the team, and working with the rest of the Leadership Team to make the SPS Team the best team on Etsy.
 


When did you open your shop?

I opened my shop in December 2009. I think at the time I had maybe 3 items listed. I had never tried to sell anything I made before. When I first opened my shop I wasn’t sure what type of items to crochet and try to sell. I also didn’t want to invest a lot of money in making and listing items if having an Etsy shop didn’t work out. It took me a few months before I got my first sale. It took me several sales before I decided that Etsy might work out after all.  

What inspires you?

There is a lot of places I get my inspiration from. I have a small collection of vintage pattern books. Sometimes I’ll take a vintage pattern and rework a design for a more modern look. Other times I may see something in a store or online and think “I can make that, and do it better” and think of how I’d change it to make it better. Some of my inspiration comes from my customers asking if I can make them a specific item. In some cases I have to come up with a pattern and design for something I’ve never made before. I once had a customer ask if I could make them a rainbow teddy bear. I brainstormed ideas and ended up with 3 different designs. I might have never come up with the designs for a rainbow teddy bear if it weren't for a customer asking for one.

What do you think about the Etsy community?


I love the Etsy community. The Etsy community is a wonderful source to go to for information and help. I stop by the forums a lot to search for information, and find out the news of what’s been going on around Etsy. People in the Etsy community are always willing to offer help and advice. I like how you can get to know the people on Etsy .  

Why SPS Team?

The SPS Team is one of the first teams I’ve joined on Etsy. Out of all the current teams I’m on I’ve been a member of the SPS Team the longest. The SPS Team isn’t a post and run team. It’s about taking the time to promote each other in a meaningful way that’s going to help get sales. What I like about the SPS Team is that the team members really care about one another. They want to help each other succeed in having a successful Etsy shop. We develop personal relationships with one another. We’re a great support system, and always there for one another.  
I also like there isn’t any mandatory rules on how much participation a person has to do. There is no forcing people to play in threads, or playing a certain number or hours or they’ll be kicked off the team. On our team participation is always voluntary, and do whatever you have time to do.  

How can our team help to the members after many Etsy changing?

Etsy makes a lot of changes ( some good; some bad). No matter what changes Etsy makes our team always finds a way to either work with it or work around it. Earlier this year when Etsy changed the platform for Teams and Forums our team members came up with our own “How To” guide to help each other learn the new features. When Etsy took away the social media buttons from shops listings, that never stopped us from promoting each other on social media. When Etsy took away treasuries we came up with a way to make photo collages. What ever roadblocks came our way, we’ll find a way around them. The Leadership Team, and Team Members work together to find solutions to problems Etsy may give us.  
Also the Team Captains and Team Leaders on other teams are an excellent source of information. When there is a site wide change ( like the upgrade to teams I mentioned earlier) I reached out to Team Captains and Team Leaders on other teams and worked with them to share information. Myself and the Leaders on the team work hard to find solutions to problems that may arise. If we don’t know an answer we’ll what we can to find one. We value each and every team member, and do whatever we can to help them.

Thanks Amy for your answers. I wish you all of your goals will be a reality sooner or later!



Just  a little add, we have Christmas in July Game . Dear Reader, if you are our member, you can still join and make some sale with us:) Just click on the link.







PRESENTED TO YOU BY OUR LEADER:

Hi, my name is Ildi. I really enjoy the process of making pottery: I sit down at a table with clay and try to make something that I have an imagination of. I want something and the clay wants something but in the end I can work until I am most satisfied with the outcome.


   


2 comments: