Dear Holiday Shopper,
We, the sellers of Etsy want to share one simple reminder . . .
Shop Etsy for the holidays!
Etsy is a marketplace where people around the world connect to buy and sell unique goods. We know you have to go “big box retail” to buy the flat screen TV or iPhone that is on your sweetie’s list. Just remember, for all the other gifts on your list, you can shop on Etsy. We are the real sellers on Etsy – some of us are running our shop as a side-business, while others are selling full-time. We are moms, dads, sons, daughters. You see us selling at craft shows and boutiques. We are entrepreneurs, risk-takers, and passion-sharers. We want to share our creativity with the world and help connect you to real-life makers – not a robot or a disconnected manufacturer. On Etsy, you can shop by all of these categories:
pottery, children, clothing, crochet, dolls and miniatures, everything else, furniture, Geekery, glass, holidays, housewares, jewelry, knitting, music,needlecraft, paper goods, patterns, pets, plants and edibles, quilts, supplies, toys, vintage, weddings, and woodworking!
The Sellers of Etsy
This heartwarming letter has been written in the context of the SHOP UNIQUE promotional campaign, a very inventive and dynamic initiative has been taken by Jason from Etsy-preneurship and Timothy from Handmadeology.
The idea is to work together to promote Holiday shopping on Etsy ! All the Etsy sellers are invited to take part in this massive movement!!
How can you participate?
1) Visit the Shop Unique page : http://www.handmadeology.com/shop-unique-shop-etsy-for-the-holidays/
2) Click on the banner "Click Here to Join the Shop Unique Promotion"
3) Follow the instructions : you must use Facebook to like and share the post, and to invite other Etsy sellers to join the movement! There are six (6) easy steps to add your Etsy shop to the list, and to participate in this massive effort to bring shoppers to our Etsy shops!
1. Submit your shop by filling out an online form
2. Like the original post on Facebook
3. Post your Etsy shop link in the comment section (on Facebook) along with a brief sentence about what you sell
4. Comment and like 3 other comments on the Facebook post
5. Share the post and tag at least 5 other Etsy sellers to invite them to join the movement! You can also tag some of your biggest fans to invite them to support the Shop Unique initiative.
6. Spread the word : Tweet, blog, talk about it in Team Forum, etc.!
Spread the word!
The sixth and last step is very important!! We have to beat our drum loud and clear to make sure people remember to visit Etsy when time comes to do their Holiday shopping!
Please please share this post on your personal blog or Facebook page! Leave a link to your blog in the comments below, so we can all stay connected!
Together we can make a difference! Go Team, Go !
Check out our Team shop on Etsy to see all the wonders our Team members have to offer :
PRESENTED TO YOU BY OUR LEADER:
My name is Natalie. I am a French-Canadian gal, but I live in South Korea. My passion is called "Hanji" : sumptuous Korean paper made of mulberry pulp. Hanji has been used for a thousand years in Korea to create decorative, ceremonial and daily-life objects. For me, it is essential to offer useful and practical objects, that can enjoyed on a daily basis. Tissue cases, pen holders, jewelry, fridge magnets, hair accessories: let the beauty and unique character of Hanji paper make our everyday life objects irresistible!